Wednesday 1 May 2013

Beer, filth, getting lost, cancelled gigs and lost Interview notes



So I think it’s time to introduce myself properly; I'm Alex and as most of you all should know I'm the new bassist- what a time I’ve had already and its only been a few months! Already I feel at home with you guys the fans and Sa-Da-Ko.



Well two weeks ago I played my first bunch of gigs with Sa-Da-Ko the first one being the Ship and Giggles in Preston a place I've never played before. It was a great little venue and straight away I felt like a king, free beer and food took my mind off this being my first gig and also my first time back being on stage in a long while.
It was awesome, the crowd were really responsive and everything went to plan my Sa-Da-Ko cherry was popped (Something else had already been popped but what happens behind closed doors at AkU HQ stays behind closed doors) but the only thing I struggled with a little was these bloody shirts and ties! Fuck man they're warm to play in and I don't need to tell you if you've been to one of our shows then you will know its full on pedal to the metal we don’t walk around like wounded ducks on the stage, (I may just start taking my bass, shirt and tie to the sauna at the gym throw a few beers in there too just to condition myself and this, my lovely filthlickers, is what it feels like in them suits on stage!) anyhow met some good people there great banter caught up with our good friend Vicky and also a rather strange interview with a guy who lost his interview notes (yes I have nothing to do with this please be careful where you leave them).

Right since the first gig we have had one cancelled after turning up for it (suppose shit happens) and the other two were top gigs too. One in Wigan where I caught up with some friends I haven't seen in a long time, the set went down well and so did the beer! The only thing that that went down faster than a lead balloon was me misinforming Jim about a babies yed floating…. Silence... 


The other one was in St Helens for Deathwave Promotions which let me tell you was a very long day, not only was I hungover but I was still feeling the gig from the night before, to be honest tho once you get on that stage whatever physical or mental state you're in goes straight out the window and pure filthy adrenaline kicks in.

I've had a blast so far and the journey has only just begun! It’s been great hearing peoples feedback after our sets and saying that I fit right in, my only concern is nobody in this band knows how to get to and from my house and they get lost everytime we go home! (from Manchester to Liverpool to Skelmersdale  I can't wait to get out there and meet more of you at our shows and have a few beers with you all!!! 


Until then stay filthy, 
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment