Sunday 16 May 2010

Recording Metal Tips and Tricks

Recording your own material is hard, not because of the techniques or work involved but because of how critical you become of your own work.


When we recorded “zer01” I remember we spend one evening discussing EQ’s and moving one fader up and down by millimetres over the space of about 6 hours during a mix down.


Now that the albums all done and it looks like we’ll have it available all over the top download sites in the coming months, we’ve started to discuss the possibility of a second album and it means I get to look over my old recording notes, reference material and start prepping, while doing so I stumbled across some great resources and thought I would publish it on the blog. It’s easy to forget the recording process and the creative side of being in a band while promoting and treating it like a business so rather than doing one of our band marketing hints & tips blog I thought I would start to give some serious hints and tips about the recording side of things.


For our first one here are some hints and tips from a couple of my recording heroes explaining how they do things.


You can also check out some of our own recorded material on the Sa-da-ko myspace or by checking out our Sa-da-ko Reverbnation Tune pack here, let us know what you thing and we not share some of your own production tips on the blogs comments bit.










No comments:

Post a Comment